Why Choose Scomed?
For over twenty years, Scomed has made a commitment to providing unsurpassed service to providing unsurpassed service to healthcare professionals and their patients. With Scomed, you are welcomed to choose - you may utilize us on a referral basis, purchase products on a wholesale level, or a combination of both. Whichever you preference - we help you help your patients.
Benefits to your practice:
- Product specialists help choose the best and most appropriate equipment for your patients
- Experienced and certified fitters on staff
- Practice notes and delivery receipts provided for your records
- Patient Care Coordinators assist in the care of your patients
Insurance Accepted by Scomed
- Worker's Compensation
- Blue Shield
- Out of Network Plans
- Motor Vehicle
- NO HMOs
Your Patient Care Coordinator
Each practice will receive one-on-one service from a dedicated Patient Care Coordinator who will act as a liaison between your practice, your patient and Scomed.
- Conducts initial enrollment
- Verifies insurance eligibility
- Manages the pre-certification process and coordinates LMNs or CMNs when applicable
- Provides patient reports for your records and follow-up to ensure proper equipment function and patient compliance.
- Ensures proper claim information from patient - allowing your practice to focus on what you do best - caring for patients!
How do my patients benefit?
We understand how difficult it may be for Healthcare Professionals to build long-lasting relationships with their patients. In providing the highest quality of service, patients will benefit from:
- No up-front cost to receive products (in most cases)
- Flexible delivery options to the most convenient location, whether it be your office, the patient's residence, or our Exton office
- Experienced fitters ensure the best fit of products
- Insurance issues handled by our staff
- Patient Care Coordinator is assigned to answer questions or address patient's concerns
- Patient follow up provided to ensure proper function of equipment
Will my patient get what I ordered?
We realize how important it is that your patients receive what you prescribed for t hem in a hassle-free manner. Our trusted partners include a variety of renowned manufacturers including:
- CORE PRODUCTS
- DON JOY
- F.L.A. ORTHEPEDICS
- SAUNDERS TRACTION
- V-LOCK SYSTEM
Services for Worker's Compensation and MVA Cases
- No out-of-pocket expenses for valid, litigated claims
- Monthly supplies throughout the clain process
- Ongoing communication with referring physician and attorney
- Precertification of procedures when required